What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

7-28-11

We started the day off with some water play outside.  The Kendall boys came over yesterday and turned our sandbox into a 'chocolate factory', so Si and Harpie continued that this morning.  Lots of dumping water out of the bucket, into the sandbox.  Then we came inside, got ready in about an hour (whew!) and drove to Baba and Papa's for Thursday lunch.  I had an appointment with Lorraine Dauk to look at a  house in Oak Hills.  Loved the house, but we found out that we are NOT ready financially to purchase a second house right now.  A bummer, but a blessing in disguise.  The top right picture is the view from the backyard of the house.  The desert really can be a beautiful place.  Then, we went out to Olive Garden and took down some soup, salad and breadsticks for dinner, Baba and Papa's treat!  I'm also attempting to make my bedtime 10, not 11.  I need to be up earlier then my crazy boys.  Tonight was the season premiere of Project Runway, I was proud, I turned it off at 10 and went to bed.  I'll finish watching it tomorrow.  Thank God for a DVR!

No comments:

Post a Comment