What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1-10-12

Today began wonderful with an awesome time in God's Word.  I was kinda rushed because I needed to drive the carpool, but I made sure that I found the time.  I listened to a great message yesterday from James MacDonald about the discipline of daily Bible reading and how important it is.  He gave four guide questions to use as you read.  They help a lot.  I read again this morning how the Lord is a shelter, I don't need to worry about anything.  He's got it all taken care of.  I worry too much, way too much.  So, then I drove the carpool, A. went home sick, so I only had to pick up #1.  When we got home, we ate lunch and I told the boys to take a nap.  They have been playing and making a lot of noise, not napping lately.  Very frustrating.  So, after two hours of telling them to nap, #1 finally fell asleep for about a half hour, then #2 began to play in the playroom.   Nice.  Then, while making dinner, #3 screamed at me almost the whole time, hence the photo.  So, a nice morning turned into a frustrating afternoon.  When Daddy got home, I was in silent mode and he could tell.  I think I'm a little on edge about starting work tomorrow as well.  I'm pretty much dreading it.  I've had a nice vacation filled with friends, cleaning and blogging.  I'm hoping I can keep up the momentum when I'm working again.  The evening has turned out to be a good one though.  During dinner, I decided to not let my horrid afternoon ruin my day.  I cleaned the kitchen and made a good batch of chocolate chip cookies.  The first good batch in a long time.  I had to make up for my last batch.  And now, I'm about to get on the treadmill for an evening run.  I'm going to try to go 2 miles today.  Still sore from Saturday, but I need to get my runs in early this week.  Looking forward to some endorphins and thankful for Daddy who's going to imprison the children so I can run <3

No comments:

Post a Comment