What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1-3-12

Made a bonehead move today and got Silas' first day of school mixed up.  I thought they went back next week, but, they went back today.  *Sigh, I was supposed to drive, I left my carpool buddy in the lurch, I felt bad.  The boys and I had a baking day planned already, so I couldn't change our plans, besides, it's too early to go back to school and I'm still off.  So, needless to say, he stayed home.  We made chocolate chip cookies together using our new oven.  They came out very hard, my baking track record continues to be less then perfect.  But we had fun and they don't taste terrible.  Gilbert told me when he got home and tried one, "Don't go to any cookie exchanges anytime soon!"  Thanks, Daddy.  The last shot is of the boys outside wanting to come in.  The past week or so has been very warm, it feels like spring!  It has been wonderful, the boys have been playing outside whenever possible.  It's supposed to stay like this for a couple weeks!  It's been great.  I used the oven for dinner as well, made some asian-glazed chicken with rice and peas.  It was delicious.  I've had a lot of energy today, got all the laundry done, completed my chore of the day on my schedule.  Hoping I can keep up this momentum when work starts back up.  Now if I can just work some running in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment