What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8-1-11

Started off the day reading Paula's CaringBridge site.  Made my heart heavy and now I want to see her again.  I hope we can do that soon.  Then my devotional talked about, 'seeing God in everything'.  How if you do that, you can be joyful and endure anything life throws at you.  Since it was my first day back at work, it was a good word.  See God in my work, See God in Paula's cancer, See God in my boys when they are driving me crazy.  The boys and I enjoyed a good day, I was pretty busy with work, but I was able to take a time out and play with them in their room for a while.  I was also able to read to them before naptime.  I made some chicken pot pies for dinner, everyone loved them!  Anytime a meal is a hit with everyone, I feel very accomplished.  Then I read a teacher friend's facebook and she said that it was teacher appreciation day at OfficeMax.  I left the kids with Daddy to watch Shrek together, and ran out and got some much needed stuff for 20% off!  It was a nice outing (I was all alone!) shopping for my favorite things, school supplies.  Thanks Rachael for the tip!  Then I picked up some coffee for my man, I had to wait in the line for a bit at Starbucks, so the guy gave it to me for free!  It was a busy, but really good day.  I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment