What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Separation Anxiety 8-18-11

My Silas started preschool today.  We all had a wonderful slow morning at home.  The boys got up at 6, so they had a bath and breakfast, I even had time to juice :)  I had to make one stop to pick up some paperwork from a family, then I forgot Silas' lunch, so after a couple hiccups, we were off to school.  After arriving and taking this photo, he hung his backpack up and put his lunch in his cubby as if he'd done it a hundred times.  After some help finding his 'carpet square' with his name, he calmly sat down and gave the teacher his full attention.  I stayed for a few minutes, but realized that he didn't need me there, so I took the babies and left.  When I got in the car, I felt a little sad.  He's getting so big, growing up so fast.  That's so cliche but it's also very true.  He's not a baby anymore, he's a little boy, and such a great one at that.  I began to think about all of the great things about Mr. Cash.  He's a great big brother, he loves to make you laugh, he's so handsome, he loves to sing, and he's so smart, to name a few.  He was so ready to start preschool, but apparently I was not.  I felt sad, but I also felt very, very proud.  He's such a great kid.  He's not perfect, and he's got so much to learn still, but he brings so much joy to us.  A family that attends our church, very suddenly lost their 12 year old son over the weekend.  Gilbert and I both began thinking about how grateful we are to have all three of our boys happy and healthy.  As crazy as they are, we're so thankful that they're here.  I'm looking forward to this year, he's going to learn so much to prepare him for next year.  Next year will be even more depressing.  I cannot believe that Kindergarten is only a year away.  Maybe I'll just start homeschooling him, so I don't have to say good-bye again.

No comments:

Post a Comment