What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Friday, August 12, 2011

8-12-11

Went to Corwin Park today for a Lemonade Float Party for my class.  Me and Ms. Viveros put it on together.  One of the first things Harpie did was pick a flower and bring it to me.  He's so sweet.  It was a beautiful day in the shade today.  Corwin Park is a nice park with lots of trees.  Will try and take the kids there again.  Then we came home, made a pizza together, gave the crazies a bath and then watched 'Mars Needs Moms' together.  The boys and I also were able to watch some old home movies together of when the boys were smaller.  They loved it.  It was so sweet and it made me want another munchkin :(  My boys are growing up too fast.  I need to video more.  Pictures are one thing, but to watch an almost 2 year old Silas pray, is amazing.  Silas and I discussed what he was going to be when he grew up.  He first started by telling me all the sports he would play.  He mentioned every sport except soccer and volleyball, which is only for girls, he says.  I asked him if he would be playing music some day and he said he would.  He said he would wear 'stylish jeans' be in a rock band.  He cracks me up.  Daddy's away on a fishing trip :(  He'll be home tomorrow night, can't wait.  I am now falling asleep watching the Michael Keaton 'Batman' with Mr. Nicholson.  I'm loving Kim Basinger's hair in this movie.  With my fro, I think I can recreate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment