What is this?

This blog was inspired by a friend of mine. He has been journaling using photos that he takes daily and publishes to facebook. I am going to attempt to do something similar, but in the form of a blog. I am the wife of a wonderful, godly, fishing addict and a work-at-home mama of three beautiful boys and life, while it can be beautiful, can also be mundane, which can suck the joy out of everyday living. I have so much to be thankful for, and in beginning this blog, I'm hoping to regain my joy. I hope that this will cause me to seek beauty and pleasure in my everyday life. Today is 7-27-11, no significant date, but I hope, the beginning of something really special <3

A couple of parameters for this blog: I will attempt to sum up each day with 1 picture (A collage is okay!). I will keep my posts short and to the point and I will be taking all pictures with my iPhone 4. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

8-19-11

Happy birthday Harper! He turned three today. I can't believe it. Daddy had the day off today, love these days. Daddy ran 18 miles this morning, I'm so excited for him. He's making me want to run. Gotta hit Auntie Sarah up for more runs together. After a leisurely morning at home (I got some work done, daddy nursed his aching legs in an ice bath, and the boys watched cartoons), we took a trip to Juice it Up and got some 'Carrot Patches', then went to Jess Ranch to take Harper to use his new Spiderman fishing rod. He caught his first fish and freaked out. He didn't want to touch it and started crying when we tried to get him to take a picture with it. Silas caught two fish and did great, Daddy was proud. We took the kids to Red Robin next for an early dinner, then took a trip to Winco where I raided the bulk foods. Such great deals! I'll definitely be going back for more. Then daddy got us a movie, 'Rango' and we watched it while Harpie's traditional birthday boxed cake was baking in the oven. When we sang to Harpie, Papa stopped by on his way home from golfing. It's always so good to see him. My boxed cake didn't turn out as planned. I wanted to really try and do a Spiderman cake, but time just didn't allow. I just washed off the Spiderman toy from the Cordi birthday dinner and stuck it on top. I also took it out of the pan too early so it cracked when I was frosting it. Oh, well, it tasted good :). Good day with the family, we realize as each day passes, we need to cherish every moment with our family and friends. Life is short. I appreciate my beautiful, healthy boys so very much. Thank you Jesus. And I almost forgot, Bean took a bunch of steps today. All on his own, it was so funny and cute, Daddy and I loved it, took some really cute video.

No comments:

Post a Comment